As of 1st March, 2016, the Tourist Card is introduced and it is solely intended for the purpose of tourism.
Since 2019 people can apply for eVisa via https://suriname.vfsevisa.com
Requirements for Tourist Card:
- A valid passport (at least 6 months validity upon arrival in Suriname)
- Copy of all written pages of the passport
- A confirmed return ticket
- Deposit of USD 40 equivalent in Euro
- Hotel reservation
- Additional documents are required if travelling with a minor to Suriname
- documents confirming parenthood/legal guardianship)
- Medical Reports
- Yellow Fever ( Copy )
Note: Incomplete applications will be rejected
- The Tourist Card is valid for (1) single entry only.
- For the next entry into Suriname one needs to obtain a new Tourist Card.
- Stay in Suriname will be permitted for maximum 90 days.
- To extend the 30 days "Kort Verblijf (short Stay)" which is stamped in the passport upon arrival in Suriname, the visitor has to report at the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Justice and Police with passport and ticket.
Address: Vreemdelingen Zaken (Immigration Office/Registration of Foreigners) Mr. J.Lachmonstraat 166-168 Paramaribo
The Tourist Card:
- Is not replaceable; if you loose it before travelling you will have to purchase another one.
- Is not a transit visa. For transit to a third destination apply for the proper visa.
Note: Visitors who wish to stay longer than the permitted 90 days are not eligible for a Tourist Card. The requirements of MKV are applied to them.
Foreigners travelling to Suriname for business, work, internship, voluntary work, etc. will not be allowed to enter the country on a Tourist card. (Here is a list of countries which qualify for Tourist Cards)