A Requests for the extension of Surinamese Drivers License, Duplicate Drivers License, and International Drivers License can be submitted at the Embassy.
Download the application Form
Required documents are :
- An application form completed and signed.
- Two (2) clear passport size photographs (see instructions)
- Recent Health certificate from an authorized medical doctor or health center (not older than 2 weeks)
- Copy of the expired driver's license
- Deposit of Euro 90,- (administration costs Euro20 + drivers license fee Euro 70) payable to the Embassy of the Republic of Suriname in France
APPLICATION FOR A DUPLICATE LICENSE (additional documents)
Requesting a duplicate is possible when:
- The valid Surinamese license is maimed or damaged
- In case of theft, loss, etc. In case of theft you must also submit a police statement in the submission.
- If divorced/remarried a copy of the divorce certificate must be included • Change of name/address.
- Change of name/address. In recognition bring a recent birth certificate (no more than 6 months old)
* PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS
- Taken recently, not longer than 3 months
- Dimensions 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm
- In color, with good contrast
- Sized, so the head is centered in the middle.
- Neutral expression and both eyes open
- No headgear
- No hair on Forehead
- Both ears need to be shown
- Prescription glasses are allowed, no glare from flash should be visible on glasses.
- Taken head-on in front of a plain white or off-white background