Download : Passport Renewal Form
Passports are very important documents. To avoid difficulties, the request for a new passport should be done well in time. A request may be submitted as early as 8 months before expiration of the current document. Since Suriname is part of the CARICOM, the Central Civil Authority (C.B.B.) in Paramaribo issues CARICOM Passports.
- Completed application form
- Two(2) passport size photographs* (see instructions)
- Deposit of € 150
- A clear copy of the current passport ( cover to cover)
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of marital status ( single/ married/divorced/widowhood)
- In case of guardianship or adoption (requirements mentioned below)
- A police report (in case of loss or stolen)
- Authorization letter of parents in case of passport renewal for a minor
- RNI form
Required documents in case of a minor, adoption or guardianship
- A copy of the pages 2 and 3 of the valid passport of both parents
- A copy of a valid identity card of both parents.
- Notarized copies of the Adoption documents in case of adoption.
- A notarized copy of the custody order.
- Copy of the pages 2 and 3 of the valid passport or a copy of the identity card of the guardian.
- Minor children are not included in the passport of the parent (s). They are entitled to their own passport.
- Children from the age of 6 place their name or signature into the designated box on the form.
- A minor under the age of 18, not previously married, must co-sign the application at the bottom of the form, after the name of father/mother/guardian.
- Documents issued by foreign authorities must be notarized or have Apostille certification.
- The notarized documents shall not be older than 1 month after date of issuance.
- Administration fee € 20 + New passport €130
- A penalty fee is added to the passport fee, in case damage/lost or stolen €170
Payment must be made by bank transfer to the Embassy of the Republic of Suriname in France and submitted simultaneously with the application. Payment in Euro (€).
30004 00783 00010130113 01
FR76 3000 4007 8300 0101 3011 301
BIC/ Swift code
destinataire du virement
Embassy of the Republic of Suriname
An emergency passport is only given in cases of emergency, such as death or terminal illness of a family member, lost or stolen passport.
Required documents for an Emergency passport are:
- Completed and signed application form
- Two(2)passport size photographs* (see instructions )
- Police report
- Proof of death or illness of family member
A lost or stolen passport should be reported to the police in the state or region where the accident has taken place in order to obtain a copy of the police statement.
The emergency passport should be returned to the Central Civil Authority (C.B.B.) within two (2) week upon arrival in Suriname.
*PASSPORT PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS
- Taken recently, not longer than 3 months
- Dimensions 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm
- In color, with good contrast
- Sized, so the head is centered in the middle.
- Neutral expression and both eyes open
- No headgear
- No hair on Forehead
- Both ears need to be shown
- Prescription glasses are allowed, no glare from flash should be visible on glasses.
- Taken head-on in front of a plain white or off-white background
Applications which are incomplete are rejected by the Central Bureau for Civil Affairs in Paramaribo (CBB) therefore not accepted by the Embassy.